Core Design is a respected Land Surveying, Land Planning and Civil Engineering firm with more than 50 years of service to the residential, commercial, and municipal communities of the greater Seattle, Washington area. We enjoy a supportive environment that encourages professional and dedicated individuals to work as a team, adapt to change, and embrace innovation and new ideas.
Core Design is now looking to establish these same values, ideals and opportunities in the Austin area. We are looking for people that are interested in being a part of building this establishment from the beginning, people that can contribute and participate, who are committed to personal and professional self-improvement. As a part of Core Design, Inc, you will collaborate with a highly experienced and educated staff, who strive to grow and promote from within.
Currently, we are looking for a talented and creative individual to help build this team, on a contract basis as a Project Engineer. This position will vary 20-40 hours per week and will be primarily remote work with occasional in-person meetings in the Austin area.
- Manage project design teams in support of various Project Managers and clients
- Produce Technical Reports in support of civil site designs and projects
- Build and manage client relationships and coordinate with municipalities and consultants with intent to establish a base revenue stream focused on greater Austin area project work
- Responsibility for production and review of civil engineering plans and reports
- Proficiency in working with multiple design manuals and standards for local jurisdictions
- Conduct site visits and document site conditions
Required Background and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in (or related to) Civil Engineering
- 5-7 years of experience in the civil engineering/land development field
- PE License in the State of Texas
- Strong civil design / problem solving skills including industry standard software and technology (knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D minimum)
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and detail oriented
- Strong communication, organizational, and technical writing skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.