Civil PROJECT Engineer
Core Design is a respected Land Surveying, Land Planning and Civil Engineering firm with more than 60 years of service to the residential, commercial, and municipal communities of Puget Sound. We enjoy a supportive environment that encourages professional and dedicated individuals to work as a team, adapt to change, and embrace innovation and new ideas. We are looking for people that can contribute and participate, who are committed to personal and professional self-improvement. As an employee of Core Design, Inc, you will work with some of the most experienced and highly educated staff in the region, who strive to grow and promote staff from within.
Currently, we are looking for a talented and creative individual to help build this team, on a full-time basis as a Project Engineer. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week in a hybrid office/remote environment.
- Provide expert assistance/instruction to junior level engineers and civil technicians regarding general engineering skills, complex hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, preliminary and final engineering strategies, road profile design, site grading techniques and ADA compliance.
- Advise and/or coordinate preparation of engineering plans and reports for all types of project submittal packages.
- Coordinate engineering production activities with project managers.
- Provide civil design direction for civil technicians including direct Civil 3D design support.
- Provide accurate cost estimates and project timelines.
- Provide hydrologic and hydraulic calculations for projects including preparation of, or direction to junior staff for the preparation of, drainage reports.
Required Background and Skills:
- 4+ Years Civil Engineer experience
- State of Washington PE licensure
- Mastery of the elements of civil engineering
- Strong design skills, including conceptual sketching and drafting
- Strong Knowledge of Civil 3D and AutoCAD
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and detail oriented
- Strong communication, organizational, and technical writing skills
- Knowledge of jurisdictional engineering requirements
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Core Design offers a great work environment and outstanding benefits, and opportunities for personal and professional growth, including:
- Competitive wages
- Company paid - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K Contribution and profit sharing
- Training and continuing education
- Career advancement opportunities
If you’re looking for a career in a fast-paced and exciting industry, we invite you to apply for this position.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.