Civil PROJECT Engineer
Core Design is a respected land surveying, land planning and civil engineering firm with more than 50 years of service to the residential, commercial, and municipal communities of Puget Sound. We enjoy a supportive environment that encourages professional and dedicated individuals to work as a team, adapt to change, and embrace innovation and new ideas. We are looking for people that can contribute and participate, and who are committed to personal and professional self-improvement and who most importantly. As an employee of Core Design, Inc, you will work with some of the most experienced and highly educated staff in the region, who strive to grow and promote staff from within.
Currently, we are looking for a talented individual to join our team as a Civil Project Engineer on a permanent, long-term basis.
Essential Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Prepare all facets of civil/site design documents including Stormwater Management design focus.
- Develop effective plans for constructing the project and provide input to determining the means and methods necessary to meet project goals.
- Interact with city officials to determine entitlement and permitting process.
- Interact with city officials to determine site planning, grading plans, and utility layouts on new site investigations in AutoCAD.
- Assist Project Manager with budgets, scheduling and proposal preparation.
- Mentor and train Jr. Engineers.
Desired Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience using the Washington State DOE Stormwater Management Manual for Western Washington and the King County Surface Water Design Manual.
- Professional level experience preparing grading, roadway, sewer and water designs for local land development projects.
- Experience with Civil 3D and familiarity with local area municipalities and utility district standards desired.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and time management skills required.
Core Design offers a great work environment and outstanding benefits, and opportunities for personal and professional growth, including:
- Competitive wages and opportunity for overtime.
- Company paid - Medical, Disability and Life Insurance.
- Group coverage for Dental and Vision is available.
- 401K Contribution.
- Training/continuing education.
- Career advancement opportunities.
If you’re looking for a career in a fast-paced and exciting industry, we invite you to apply for this position.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.